It’s been a while since I ventured into my thrift shop. What, with being temporarily broke, traveling to two conferences and dealing with the devastation of the hurricane. With the nor’easter that just dumped snow and ice on us, I must accept the harsh reality that winter has arrived. That means I need step my up my cold-weather game: comfy sweaters, hoodies, cardigans, corduroy pants, smart scarf/coat ensembles. Thankfully the shop opened up again today so I stopped by for a quickie on my way to the post office.
And so without further ado, I present today’s haul:
4 sweaters, 1 blazer and 1 vintage robe for less than $10.
- Vintage Christian Dior robe – worth: $50, I paid: $4.50
- Gap cable-knit sweater, angora/rabbit hair blend – worth: $30, I paid: $1
- Kate Hill (Lord & Taylor) oversized, super comfy, long black sweater – worth: $40, I paid: $1
- Croft & Barrow sweater (fabulous fall & Christmas-sy colors!) – worth: $30, I paid: $1
- St. John’s Bay (JC Penny’s) cable-knit zip-up hoody sweater – worth: $25, I paid: $1
- Absolutely gorgeous Kate Hill wool/silk blend blazer – worth: $100, I paid: $1
Total estimated value: $275
Bliss level: priceless